Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sync Wallpaper

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to sync desktop wallpaper betwen macs? I know you can do it with a defult wallpaper but I want home sync to sync a users current desktop wallpaper so they will have a seamless expirence accrost all macs. Is this possible?

Thanks in Advance!

OS X Lion Server-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 10:39 AM

3 replies

Feb 20, 2012 8:32 AM in response to runnerboy967

Hi

It's easy enough to define a specific image for the desktop background image. Add the relevant plist in the Manifest section in WorkGroup Manager and make sure the image you're referencing is on each workstation or is part of the user's profile. If you make it an 'Always' setting it will be applied regardless of which workstation you log into and follow that user around.

The above is what I think you mean by syncing wallpapers? All of this assumes:

1 - DNS is working as it should - as always

2 - The Server is an OD Master

3 - You're using network accounts to log into workstations that are bound to the OD Domain

HTH?

Tony

Home Sync Wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.