Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I avoid getting this error when using an OpenVPN?

I did a little research online and noticed that people got this same (or a very very similar) error in iOS on Safari when browsing with a proxy and they just had to reset network connections.

I'm getting it in OS X. When I turn on the VPN sometimes browsing will work fine, but then this pops up and once I get this error in one tab I get it in all of them. Firefox still works. There's plenty of memory -- RAM and ROM.

When I turn off the VPN it works again.

User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 3:25 PM

Proxy issue > https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1180971?start=0&tstart=0

Check System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies

2 replies

Feb 18, 2012 9:50 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks Carolyn!

I don't think this is the solution for me, although I do think it is a clue. It can't be a mistyped proxy field, as this happens across different VPN's (i.e. work, personal, school) and browsing is working fine for a time before it starts all the sudden giving me that message.

I am on 10.8 which I didn't think was related, but now I'm starting to think maybe it is, so I'll also post in the Dev community. However if you or anyone has any ideas PLEASE do follow up, as I find the user support community to be far, far more useful than the Dev community in general!

How do I avoid getting this error when using an OpenVPN?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.