Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to automatically add an attachment to a message in Mail?

Hi,

I have to responsd to a lot of emails with basically the same response. I use a TextExpander snippet for the body of these messages. However, I usually need to attach a PDF file as well.

Is there anyway to automate attaching a PDF attachement to a message in Mail?

Perhaps, this can be done by adding the attachment into a Signature, although I havent seen a way to do this.

Or perhaps, some kind of Automator scritpt?

The mail account is actually a Google Apps account, so perhaps there is a way to have the GMail server do something to the message on the way out?

Thanks

Apple Mail-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 12:45 PM

1 reply

Feb 18, 2012 2:56 PM in response to craig238

it's fairly easy to create an outgoing message with attachments in applescript; just use a script like the following:

tell application "Mail"

set newMess to makenewoutgoing messagewith properties {visible:true, subject:"test emal"}

tell newMess

makenewattachmentat end of attachmentswith properties {file name:"/path/to/attachment"}

end tell

end tell

it's extremely difficult to add an attachment to an outgoing email that's already been created, however (there's no easy way in applescript to get a reference to an open outgoing message window if the script did not make the window itself). I'm not sure which you had in mind.

Is there any way to automatically add an attachment to a message in Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.