1 Reply Latest reply: May 19, 2012 9:55 AM by Ellen perduyn
DrGfromtexas Level 1 (0 points)

I have a 2011 Ford Expedition with Sync capability.  Can I connect my Ipod Shuffle via the USB?  It will work with the Aux. cable circuit but I'm not sure it will charge the battery via the aux. cable hook up.

iPod shuffle, Ford Sync system
  • Ellen perduyn Level 1 (0 points)

yes, but with a 'y' connector into the AV with red and white connectors on one end, and a 3.5 mm (that is to say, small size) connector into the Shuffle.  (If you're like me, I found one in a drawer with old cords, but if you don't have one, Y connector cables are pretty easy to come by.) Turn on the car, plug in the Shuffle red and white connectors in the center console, turn the Shuffle on, switch the Entertainment options to AV, and here's the critical part: turn up the volume.  In our 2011 Ford Edge Sync system, when you go between audio options, each one automatically resets to the lowest sound.  You may think the Shuffle is not working, but the issue is simply the sound is too low.  (Note: in AV connection cables, the yellow connector is for video.  That's why you don't need all three to make the Shuffle work.)