Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you retrieve deleted purchased movies and backing up purchased movies in iTunes 10.5.3?

I'm hoping that someone would be able to assist me. I've naively deleted some purchased movies from my macbook air believing that I could re-download them from the icloud, as you can do with TV shows, music, apps and books, at a future date, but it seems like I'm wrong. I was wondering if someone can point me to a solution to this issue.

Secondly, now that I've discovered that am unable to restore these movies, I was wondering if someone can point me in the direction of how to backup my purchased movies to a Data DVD, as used to available in iTunes 10.3, but is no longer available in iTunes 10.5.3. According to Apple's technical support (knowledge base), I need to purchase a Time Capsule.

Any help would be much appreciated. Kind regards,

James.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 8:40 PM

13 replies

Feb 18, 2012 9:01 PM in response to UNsyncED

UNsyncED wrote:

I'm hoping that someone would be able to assist me. I've naively deleted some purchased movies from my macbook air believing that I could re-download them from the icloud, as you can do with TV shows, music, apps and books, at a future date, but it seems like I'm wrong. I was wondering if someone can point me to a solution to this issue.

Movies are a once only Download...

See Here for Backing Up Movie Purchases http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1906

Feb 18, 2012 9:11 PM in response to AnaMusic

Thanks AnaMusic for your help, but unfortunately the back up process in your link is incorrect for iTunes 10.4 and later. Apple want's me to purchase a Time Capsule so that I can backup my purchased movies. Are you able to do the following with your purchased movies?

You can back up a movie with a DVD or hard drive. If you back up to a DVD, you can use the iTunes Backup feature, that will lead you through the backup process (choose File > Backup to Disc). To back up to an external hard drive, you simply drag the source movie files to the hard drive icon on your desktop or in My Computer.

Aug 3, 2012 2:17 PM in response to CarltonBale

CarltonBale wrote:

If you have an iPhone or iPad, go to the iTunes app and open the Purchased tab. You should see a list of all the movies you've purchased and be able to download them to your mobile device

If you can see them on your moblie device, you can see them on your computer.

No need to download them to the mobile device then copy to the computer.

Note that countries available to download previous movies was updated between the original post and your repsonse.

Nov 12, 2013 7:50 PM in response to UNsyncED

THIS WILL HELP IF YOU HAVE 11.1.3.This isn't necessarily a reply to the original post, rather, it is meant for people like me, who have 11.1.3 but this thread keeps popping up. If you accidently (or purposfully: because of the first download did not work or other reasons) deleted a movie, song, ect.

1. Open iTunes

2. Click on the "iTunes Store" tab in the upper right corner.

3. If you're not already directed to the home tab click there. (It's the thing next to music shaped like, yup, a house)

4. Parrellel to "new music" there should be a the words "quick links"

5. Click on Purchased and you should be able to figure it out from there.

How do you retrieve deleted purchased movies and backing up purchased movies in iTunes 10.5.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.