Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail: Drag email item into Mailbox, versus multi-selection from drag

I click on an email item in my mail Inbox and I go to drag it into a mailbox on the left ... BUT ... instead of dragging the item, the drag multi-selects the items below it.

If I click on the email item and WAIT a while, I get a little envelope symbol meaning Now is the time I can drag that item.

In other words, the delay time between clicking an email item and being Able to drag it into a mailbox is too high for me.

Can this be set in the .plist settings? Does anyone know what it's called?

thanks

2011 Mini i5 8GB with Radeon 6630M-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1), iPhone4; headless dual G5 via FW800

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 2:05 PM

http://www.hawkwings.net/2005/11/23/reduce-text-drag-delay-in-apple-mail/

Basically, you can reset the delay in Cocoa Apps before drag works. I just did it and it works.

6 replies

Mar 7, 2012 3:01 PM in response to William Donelson

Likely with OS upgrades, you will have to make that change each time.

Just for information, if you click on a message and instantly drag straight left (horizontal) to the sidebar, the message will drag instantly. You don't even have to highlight the message, but rather whatever message the cursor is over and click-drag-left, it will drag that message.

If the direction is downwards, then it will select multiple messages.

Just takes a bit of getting use to, but works fine.

Mail: Drag email item into Mailbox, versus multi-selection from drag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.