Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail doesn't function well enough to continue using as primary program for email management

I have been a loyal Mac user for over 8yrs, and I honestly can say I dislike all other competition products out on the market, whether it be types of computers, and computer software...

So it pains me to say, that it is most disappointing to find that, now since I ensured all my devices (iphone + ipad) and computers (laptop + desktop) has Lion OS X, and IOS 5, and I set up my iCloud, I have for the first time made use of Mail, and iCloud, in order to use personal, but more importantly business email accounts, and have them set up through Mail on all my computers.

Unfortunately, there seems to leave a bit to be desired.

Often, I feel like, all the devices are not synced identically, and it would be better for me to look at Mail on each device/computer and have it look the same, showing the same drafts, the same sent mail, etc...sometimes this is not the case, and it makes for confusion, and also ends up creating an unprofessional feel for our customers, if we can not be efficient with our email communications.

Also, a lot of the time, emails dont get sent...as an example, one of my business email accounts set up through mail, will work, receiving mail in the inbox, however when it comes to sending email responses, the mail sometimes get stuck in the outbox, and I have to close mail down, and repoen, sometimes more than once in order to get mail to successfully send that mail.

It just feels like mail still has some bugs being worked out, and I really hope to see more updates, helping this program to work more efficiently, otherwise I will have to opt out of using a combo of Mail and iCloud, and opt rather for an outside server to host Outlook, in order to accomodate a more professional emailing system.....and I prefer to use the former rather than having to opt for the latter.... I rather have everything flowing in one well oiled Mac system, across all my devices/computers.

Mail-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3), all software updated + Lion OS X

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 5:28 AM

1 reply

mail doesn't function well enough to continue using as primary program for email management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.