Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4 have signal but won't make/received call and text

Ive tried everything, restore many times.i also restore it to factory settings., it will work for 2 weeks then it will be back again with its problem.

i have signal but it will stock there then i can't make/received call and text. i tried other phone and call my iphone number, its ringing but

it doesn't appear on my iphone. i cant call either.

thats the other problem., if that's not happen, the other thing is "no service" i have to restart then it will be ok again, that will happen for like

5 times a day, really *****. Before i update my iphone 4, everything is work perfectly fine, but when i upgrade to the latest version,

this things already happen and i really don't know what to do. please help. 😟

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 7:00 AM

50 replies

Feb 19, 2012 9:05 AM in response to quitin

I am using Iphone 4S since 5th Jan 2012 ago & I got the same problem with u even I updated my firmware to IOS 5.0.1.

I can't end my call and it keeps on hanging at "call ending" status & can't go thru into "call ended" status. Especially quite frequent happen when I switched on my Iphone in the morning & made my first call!! Hence, I can't make the phone call after this.

When the above issue happened, I tried to use other mobile phone to call & sms my Iphone & It is ringing but my Iphone does not detect any incoming call & also not receive sms even the sms is successfully delivered. It is randomly happened.

But I don't notice any "no service" with my iphone signal. My reception is ok all the while.

I suspect that both the IOS 5 & even updated IOS 5.0.1 have bugs because u mentioned that before u updated to latest version (i think should be IOS 5.0.1, right?!) your iphone 4 was working perfectly well. Somemore, I found out from other Communities Discussion that the IOS 5.1 beta 3 has fixed their iphone 4s "outgoing call no audio" issue so far. Thus, we should hope that coming IOS 5.1 will fix this ridiculous issue as soon as possible.

I was also advised by the Apple Technician that try "reset all setting" or do the firmware restoration to determine whether is software issue or not. If still happen, then try to replace a new micro sim card. If still happen again, then we should surrender & it seems to be the hardware issue & should claim for hardware warranty to replace a new Iphone 4s.

Anyway, I suggest we should wait for IOS 5.1 officially lauching to check whether can solve our issue or not because we are not using the same model of Iphone but facing same prob with IOS 5.0.1 & by right, your Iphone 4 should not have hardware or the micro sim card issues so far.

Did u use bluetooth headset & what bluetooth version u are using? Because at first, I suspect my old bluetooth headsets with version 1.0 & 2.0 (either bluetooth software / hardware) cause these problems. So I bought a new Jabra with Bluetooth version 2.1, but still happen.

Hence, I suspect if this is hardware issue then maybe due to signal / reception hardware device problem or bluetooth hardware device or wifi hardware device problems. Or maybe also bugs from particular downloaded apps!!

Anyway, my suggestion to u is u try to uninstall your itunes with ur IOS 5.0.1 completely & download again the itunes & IOS 5 without enable any virus scanner, windows firewall & defender. After downloaded, u should use iphone recovery mode & do the firmware restoration. Of course u need to backup before proceed with firmware restoration.

Is better if u got another laptop & just download the new itunes & IOS 5 & remember to disable ur virus scanner, windows firewall & defender in the process of download & install them.

hope I can help u a little bit & we hope together that Apple Team can identify the real problem & solve these issues as soon as possible & don't just let us try this & that method & wasting our golden time as we spent a lot of money on Iphone is not let us sufferred but should let us enjoy using it completely!!

Feb 19, 2012 11:28 AM in response to cheng tat

itunes back ups store the software with the data. so you have vitually restored the device to take off the corrupted software and then brought on new with the restore and then placed the bad software back on the device again with the itunes back up. you are going to want to sync all content to the computer or store into icloud (icloud only stores data, not the software) then do another restore and restore from icloud or setup as new device after the restore and sync the content back to the phone and see if you still have the same issue

Feb 20, 2012 3:06 PM in response to cheng tat

That exactly one i encountered, it doesn't "call ended" , it will stock on "call ending" then thats the beginning of my burden, theres nothing i can do but to restore on itunes. The latest software i have is 5.0.1 ( this is the latest right?).

I dont use blutooth, and when i restore once again, i did not include my previous apps.

What i do now, is to restore it again and back it as a new iphone., no apps, no previous data, (i uncheck the automatic sync etc..) good as new., well i hope this will work. I will wait again for a week, because usually, it will be back after a week or 2 weeks,. I hope it will work. I havent tried to change my micro sim., im in a postpaid plan. I dont think theres no problem with that.,.

Im from philippines, and my iphone bOught in qatar by my friend., so the warranty is in qatar, and not possible to bring it back for the warranty., because here in philippines, the warranty is in Globe company since the globe company shoulder the liabilities of the warranty, only if you bought it from them. And i dont, so im still trying to solve it and asking for a help from you guys if theres a soulution with this. If this will not solve, theres nothing i can do but to throw it away , because no one offers to fix my iphone here, and thats really make me cry... Huhuhuhu.... I really love my iphone and i dont want to give up...

Feb 20, 2012 5:40 PM in response to quitin

Firmware is a combination of hardware & software. When you do a simple restore, it doesn't take off the firmware-just updates. It's like putting more icing on a decaying cake lol

By doing this, you will bring on new software as well as new firmware

It doesn't mess up the phone, it just gives it new firmware.

The article I gave above walks you through how to remove the firmware file. You just need to skip step 2 in the article.

After you follow the article, you want to place it into DFU Mode, just follow: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Do you not have family or friends from the country you got it from to have it serviced?

Feb 20, 2012 6:32 PM in response to Katie_Bug_88

What is DFU mode? About the firmware, thats sounds a better idea. By doing this, it may remove all the bad bugs in my iphone.. I like that., i will try this method when i got home and i will update you...

My friend doesnt work in qatar anymore, so no chance to be there just to claim the warranty., when i got the phone, its already unlock, so any sim would do. Im in a postpaid plan using Globe as a carrier. Ive using this plan for 6 years, and change to micro sim but same number just to be use in iphone 4.

Ill try that firmware thing., i hope it will work.. I guess that is the last shot that i have to be done with my iphone., and if doesnt work, i guess no chance... Ill just cry out loud!!! :'(

my iphone 4 have signal but won't make/received call and text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.