Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the Dashboard to show up on the Launchpad key?

So I have an iMac running Snow Leopard and a MacBook Air running Lion.

I use the Dashboard quite often and I really want to be able to access it using the Dashboard key on Snow Leopard computers.

Currently I'm using fn+F4 to do it, but I'd much rather just click the Launchpad key.

Since Lion came out, Macs that came running Lion had the Dashboard key replaced with the Laucnhpad key. And my brother upgraded his MBP to Lion, obviously the key was a Dashboard key, but it didn't change to Launchpad, it's still Dashboard.

So my question is, can I change the function of the Launchpad key to be the Dashboard key? I'm finding it OK just hitting fn+F4, but I'd rather just be able to hit F4 (as in, the Launchpad key)

Edit: Also, plugging in the keyboard from my iMac, if I hit the Dashboard key, up comes the Dashboard. Is it something to do with the hardware?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2011, 11", 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 6:39 AM

Open Keyboard System Prefernece, Keyboard tab, and uncheck this box:

User uploaded file

No, you cannot only set it up for just one of the function keys. It is all or nothing.

4 replies

How do I get the Dashboard to show up on the Launchpad key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.