Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another bad change since last night

I am getting email notifications on posts I added to and posts I got a solve for. I never had email notifications turned on before and I changed nothing since yesterday. I checked out the three places to turn off notifications and they have not changed since yesterday.

Two really stink'o changes. 😟

iMac 3.06ghz 8gb 1 TB-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Aperture 3.2.2

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 8:34 AM

Frank Caggiano wrote:

I am getting email notifications on posts I added to and posts I got a solve for. I never had email notifications turned on before and I changed nothing since yesterday. I checked out the three places to turn off notifications and they have not changed since yesterday.

I just came here to post with the same thing - I feel like I am following you on the complaint trail following last night's "maintenance". The same thing is happening to me and I do not ever subscribe to the email notifications and have had that turned off in my preferences for months now.

If we cannot turn that off - this will really bite. I'm hoping that it can be fixed here by the mods or the site engineers. Help - please?

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2012 8:34 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Frank Caggiano wrote:

I just came here to post with the same thing - I feel like I am following you on the complaint trail following last night's "maintenance". The same thing is happening to me and I do not ever subscribe to the email notifications and have had that turned off in my preferences for months now.

If we cannot turn that off - this will really bite. I'm hoping that it can be fixed here by the mods or the site engineers. Help - please?

Feb 23, 2012 10:26 AM in response to X423424X

Apple needs to apply a little adult supervision to the authors of the forum software. It's so 1960's to have regression problems every new maintenance release. It's hard to believe that Apple is promoting cloud based solutions when they cannot get a standard piece of cloud software to work.

Hire some contractors to write a comprehensive and automated test suite. Run the suite.

---------------

As a work-around, set your apple email address to some id you never look at. I know if you have your id for use in itunes your out of luck. Fortunately, I do not.

---------------

Any interaction with the server for the forum software will reset the logout clock.

Firefox:

Opera

Opera includes a reload function.

Safari

Look at post number 17 by NaOH

http://hintsforums.macworld.com/showthread.php?t=41358

Another bad change since last night

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.