Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BIOS modify to boot into usb?

Hello world!

I have a bootable usb drive, but I need to change the BIOS options to boot into my usb. First, how do I access the BIOS on my mac? Second, how do I change the settings so I can boot into my usb?

Thank you!

iMac

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 12:46 PM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2013 4:26 PM in response to Rawkamusiq

What startup volumes do you see when you startup holding the Option Key...? Do you see your Macintosh HD or OS X Install Disc...? If so, then select one of those and startup from that instead of Windows.

What is on the USB, Windows or OS X and it it a bootable volume...? If it is not, then it will not show up in the Startup Disk Preferences or Startup Manager.

I do not use Bootcamp or run Windows on my Mac's so don't quote me on this, but I don't think that Windows can boot from an External USB or FireWire Hard Drive like OS X.

Mar 20, 2013 7:03 PM in response to den.thed

im using osx lion and the options were mac hd and recovery hd when i did options so it aloud me to get back into my mac boot when i selected mac hd but the bootable usb is a fat with windows 7 on it but from what i was reading is that it shouldnt work with a usb because there is no way to change the bios bootup on the windows side so i might have to just burn a copy instead on a dvd.

BIOS modify to boot into usb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.