Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble opening .AIFC files

I recorded an audio file using QuickTime Player. It all went OK until the program closed unexpectedly by itself. The file is on .aifc format, and seems to occupy about 500 MB on my HD (which makes sense considering the lenght of the recording), but when I try to open it iTunes opens but I get no sound.

Do you think it could be possible to recover it (or at least a part)?

I'm sorry about my poor english. It's an important problem for me, as that recording was made in a conference for my boss.

Thanks, guys!

QuickTime Player-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 12:15 PM

3 replies

Jun 11, 2015 6:41 PM in response to korean_912

You need edit your AIFC file in Hex mode (i am use iHex)

1 open your file in iHex

2 you need end adress file. for this scroll you file down. one click on left part of iHex window with addresses of bloks (to change the numerical address in 16-bit system)

3 remember end adress (like: 00F3 DC00 or FFFE 1420)

4 + 8 for end adress (00F3 DC08 or FFFE 1428)

5 now in file go to 0000 0FF4, and write in this adress, number of p4

6 save file in iHex

7 enjoy!

User uploaded file

Oct 7, 2015 2:53 PM in response to valuevdj

This worked like a charm!!!! Thanks so much for posting this. We were ~45 minutes in to a podcast when our machine froze!!

Btw, if anyone is looking for the file, I didn't find it in the usual temp directories, I found it here:

/Users/Don/Library/Containers/com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX/Data/Library/Autosave Information/Unsaved QuickTime Player Document.qtpxcomposition/Auto Recording.aifc

(as described here https://www.macstories.net/news/recovering-a-lost-quicktime-recording/)

You saved our butts, ty!!

Trouble opening .AIFC files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.