Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro, Which one?

ok, this is going to be my third time asking this question, but I finally made my mind up.

I am choosing between the 13" models because All im going to be doing is surfing the web, taking notes, youtube, and email. but I will be using iMovie every now n then for youtube videos. Im thinking that the Base 13" model will be fine, but I want your opinions, I want to save money!

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 12:57 PM

Based on what you said you're going to do I will suggest you just buy a 13" Macbook Air. I had a 13" MBP myself and I ended up selling it to a friend because I didn't really feel like it was the right computer for me. My use of it is near verbatim what you said yours would be, minus iMovie. I've never been happier with a laptop, and I'm only using a high-end 11" MBA.

The one advantage I can see is that the MBP would allow you a certain level of expandability but again, based on your description of what you want to do with it, I don't think you need to go Pro.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2012 12:57 PM in response to Honey Badger

Based on what you said you're going to do I will suggest you just buy a 13" Macbook Air. I had a 13" MBP myself and I ended up selling it to a friend because I didn't really feel like it was the right computer for me. My use of it is near verbatim what you said yours would be, minus iMovie. I've never been happier with a laptop, and I'm only using a high-end 11" MBA.

The one advantage I can see is that the MBP would allow you a certain level of expandability but again, based on your description of what you want to do with it, I don't think you need to go Pro.

Macbook Pro, Which one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.