Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FINAL CUT EXPRESS/CANON 60D problem!

Hey everyone, I just finished editing a video with final cut express 4.0.1. The thing is that I used to shot my film a canon 60 d (1920 x1080/ 30fps) and the quality of the video when I'm exporting it is really cheap. Which setting can I use to export it? I already know I should have did a conversion with my clips right at the beginning but now, my video is all edited and I don't want to redo everything. Thank you!

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 4:25 PM

6 replies

May 30, 2012 6:46 PM in response to KingdomSurfer

Yes, you need to convert the video before importing it into FCE for editing.

FCE is designed to edit QuickTime/Apple Intermediate Codec and QuickTime/Apple DV video. Anything else needs to be converted to one of these formats/codecs before working with it in FCE.

The 60D records video as H.264 1080p video in a .mov file (QuickTime file). You can use MPEG Streamclip or Clipwrap to convert it to QuickTime/Apple Intermediate Codec/1080i. You need to do this before importing the video into FCE.

(The 60D can also record video as H.264 720p .mov in which case you still need to convert it to QuickTime/Apple Intermediate Codec 720p before importing it into FCE.)

FINAL CUT EXPRESS/CANON 60D problem!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.