Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some things on my macbook pro are inverted (like sound and widgets) but not everything

This is my "dashboard"/widgets.... how they look now...

User uploaded file

i put on white on black to see if it was just inverted... but its way worse!

This also happens.... but see how EVERYTHING else is normally colored?:

User uploaded file

Any thoughts?

(in universal access i have contrast set to Normal, i have it set to black on white)

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 8:07 PM

11 replies

Feb 20, 2012 4:36 AM in response to katrinasherise

I have the exact same problem here.

MBP 2.8GHz Intel Core i7

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

Lion 10.7.3

(MBP is hooked up to an external monitor, but I doubt this is relevant)

User uploaded file

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

N.B. I don't think it's anything to do with universal access. The problem seemed to start after the latest Lion update.

There seems to be no end of display-related problems on the MBP since Lion was released..

Feb 27, 2012 3:00 AM in response to praine

I'm now fairly certain that this problem, and the one in my other thread both relate to the same issue, which is a problem with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (or similar) graphics card on mid-2010 15" MacBook Pros running Lion, which has been discussed extensively here.

Restarting the computer is only a temporary fix. The 'inverted' widgets seem to be a symptom of the much more serious issue of NVIDEA driver related kernal panics.

I'm going to speak in an Apple Genius this Wednesday. I'll report back here later. I've read that some MBP owners with the same problem had to have their logic boards replaced.

Mar 7, 2012 1:09 PM in response to katrinasherise

I brought it to the Genius Bar and explained that I thought it must be the board or something. I told them I searched these boards and this particular model, Mid 2010 15" MacBookPro, seems to be having the same issue.

There doesnt seem to be a quality program covering this issue, however it IS the logic board.

Bring your computer to the Genius Bar immediately!

Other symptoms I had:

frequent and severe freezing during FaceTime calls

frequent and severe freezing when watching videos online

Some things on my macbook pro are inverted (like sound and widgets) but not everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.