11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2012 3:43 PM by katrinasherise
katrinasherise Level 1 Level 1

This is my "dashboard"/widgets.... how they look now...

Screen Shot 2012-02-19 at 10.48.13 PM.png

i put on white on black to see if it was just inverted... but its way worse!

This also happens.... but see how EVERYTHING else is normally colored?:

Screen Shot 2012-02-19 at 11.03.38 PM.png

Any thoughts?

(in universal access i have contrast set to Normal, i have it set to black on white)

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)
Solved by katrinasherise on Mar 7, 2012 1:09 PM Solved

I brought it to the Genius Bar and explained that I thought it must be the board or something. I told them I searched these boards and this particular model, Mid 2010 15" MacBookPro, seems to be having the same issue.

There doesnt seem to be a quality program covering this issue, however it IS the logic board.

Bring your computer to the Genius Bar immediately!

Other symptoms I had:

frequent and severe freezing during FaceTime calls

frequent and severe freezing when watching videos online

Reply by praine on Feb 27, 2012 3:00 AM Helpful

I'm now fairly certain that this problem, and the one in my other thread both relate to the same issue, which is a problem with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (or similar) graphics card on mid-2010 15" MacBook Pros running Lion, which has been discussed extensively here.

Restarting the computer is only a temporary fix. The 'inverted' widgets seem to be a symptom of the much more serious issue of NVIDEA driver related kernal panics.

I'm going to speak in an Apple Genius this Wednesday. I'll report back here later. I've read that some MBP owners with the same problem had to have their logic boards replaced.

Reply by praine on Feb 28, 2012 10:30 PM Helpful

See here for my follow-up to this issue.

All replies

• praine Level 1 Level 1

I have the exact same problem here.

MBP 2.8GHz Intel Core i7

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

Lion 10.7.3

(MBP is hooked up to an external monitor, but I doubt this is relevant)

Screen Shot 2012-02-20 at 21.28.50 PM.png

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

N.B. I don't think it's anything to do with universal access. The problem seemed to start after the latest Lion update.

There seems to be no end of display-related problems on the MBP since Lion was released..

• Shootist007 Level 6 Level 6

Universal Access options.

• Zyriab Level 4 Level 4

Try holding down Ctrl+Alt+Cmd and press 8.

• katrinasherise Level 1 Level 1

if you last two didnt notice... its only parts of the computer looking that way. please read my post before replying... ive tried both of those....

agreed, after latest update!

• praine Level 1 Level 1

katrina> Restarting Mac OS X seems to have fixed the problem for me (at least temporarily).

zyriab/shootist007> as katrina says, this problem doesn't seem to have any relation to Universal Access settings...

• praine Level 1 Level 1

I'm now fairly certain that this problem, and the one in my other thread both relate to the same issue, which is a problem with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (or similar) graphics card on mid-2010 15" MacBook Pros running Lion, which has been discussed extensively here.

Restarting the computer is only a temporary fix. The 'inverted' widgets seem to be a symptom of the much more serious issue of NVIDEA driver related kernal panics.

I'm going to speak in an Apple Genius this Wednesday. I'll report back here later. I've read that some MBP owners with the same problem had to have their logic boards replaced.

thank you for your helpful reply. I think youre on the right path here... which *****! haha. I casually spoke to a genius the other day and he said thats what he suspected... im planning on bringing mine in too.

• praine Level 1 Level 1

See here for my follow-up to this issue.

I brought it to the Genius Bar and explained that I thought it must be the board or something. I told them I searched these boards and this particular model, Mid 2010 15" MacBookPro, seems to be having the same issue.

There doesnt seem to be a quality program covering this issue, however it IS the logic board.

Bring your computer to the Genius Bar immediately!

Other symptoms I had:

frequent and severe freezing during FaceTime calls

frequent and severe freezing when watching videos online

I forgot to mention, i got it back from repair and they said it was a failed hard drive.... who knows! I havnt had anymore issues since i got it back.....