Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connectionproblem

What has changed in IOS 10.7.3, when MacBook Pro connected to television with HDMI cabel and Thunderbolt adapter? It was working earlier, but not any more!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 9:59 PM

10 replies

Feb 19, 2012 11:31 PM in response to rkaufmann87

There is no such thing as Mac OS X 10.7.3. However, I'm sure you intended OS X 10.7.3. Unfortunately, your link provided offer no information regarding tapsaite's problem.

@tapsaite; it might be helpful to repost your problem with a more meaningful title. I don't know anything about this particular issue. But something along the lines of '10.7.3 update HDMI/Thunderbolt broken' might key in the people that have similar problems. They may have a solution.

Feb 20, 2012 6:01 AM in response to Integr8d

Integr8d wrote:

There is no such thing as Mac OS X 10.7.3. However, I'm sure you intended OS X 10.7.3. Unfortunately, your link provided offer no information regarding tapsaite's problem.

Well you're dead wrong about that! Please look at About this Mac, it clearly says:

User uploaded file

In addition had you bothered to read the Apple Advice Letter I provided a link to it answered the OP's question about what was changed in 10.7.3.

Feb 20, 2012 10:13 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Unfortunately, your source is out of date.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/16/apple-drops-the-mac-from-os-x-lion-mountain-l ion/

It's just OS X, now. This will be corrected, in a future software update. It's helpful to stay current, when providing information to others.

I'm afriad that you completely missed the point of tapsaite's question. Whiile spending the majority of your reply correcting his quibble of an error in Apple's OS naming schema, the link, to the release notes that you provided, referenced nothing about the main thrust of his post (possible Thunderbolt issues). The ability to distinguish between general questions and the specific concern matters a lot, to people seeking information. We do our best to reach them on the level that helps them the most. Having a basic grasp of grammar is also prefered.

Feb 20, 2012 12:58 PM in response to Integr8d

Wrong again! You are talking about a future product, Mountain Lion will be called OS X 10.8.x however Lion (and all other previous releases of OS X) are called Mac OS X. Look at your own computer assuming it is running 10.7.x or below. If you are testing ML then you are violation of the confidentiality agreement you agreed to or are simply a thief.

As for missing the OP's point I answered what he asked for so how much more on-target can one get.

I think it's time to quit your frivolous and uneducated posts.

Feb 21, 2012 2:05 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Fascinating. It's odd that nowhere on this page do I find reference to Mac OS X, except, ironically, in the link itself (legacy, I tells ya').

As for how 'on-target' one can be, I suppose it would help to understand the question that tapsaite posed. The question wasn't 'what changed in the 10.7.3 update'. The question was 'what changed in the 10.7.3 update that caused my Thunderbolt peripheral to cease funtioning'. Half of the question was direct, which, to your credit, you answered. The other half (and what most people would consider to be the thrust or gist of the question) was inferred.

On the contrary, my posts are quite pointed. And I believe that a certain amount of education is being shared by many. But to a degree, you're right. It's time to quit.

Feb 24, 2012 1:18 AM in response to tapsaite

Agreed.

Check out the EFI firmware released today. They mention an HDCP fix. It's iffy as to whether or not that has anything to do with you. But it may. And there are a few other fixes. So either way, it'd be worth applying.

FWIW, I occasionally run my MBP through my JVC RS-25 projector. I use a Displayport to HDMI adapter and have no problems with it. I haven't used it, since updating to Lion. So maybe I have the same issue. But I'll play with it tomorrow. Just check to make sure that you don't have any air gaps, make sure your cable(s) and adapters are all good and try feeding your display from another source (to make sure you're input is also still good). Those are all low-hanging fruit. After that, it's more specific questions around here and then a trip to the Apple store.

Cheers.

Mar 17, 2012 2:37 PM in response to tapsaite

That's funny. Two days ago, I ran an HDMI from my laptop into my projector and got no response. Check that. When I would unplug the cable, the laptop screen would turn blue for a second (as it does when reconfiguring resolutions). But that was it. It was super frustrating. I thought it was something in the software. Sure enough, I read your update and figured I'd try another adapter -I was already at the store. It was the adapter. The one that I originally had was from a company called Kanex. I only used it twice and I'm very gentle w/ my gear. And the one that I have now is from PNY. So hopefully it'll last longer.

Connectionproblem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.