Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there an option to forget wireless network?

In my office we have a tunnelled authentication based WiFi, which i can connect with username and RSA token based passphrase. The thing is we have 24hrs grace period for using single password. So that when am getting disconnected on a low singal or something, it gets reconnected automatically. Problem is next day when i come back to office, it tries to connect with same old password and it lock my account. There is impossed password policy which will deny service and account will go lock mode in case of 3 incorrect password attempts.

So looking forward for some feature where it ask me/ Or there is an option to forget network anytime even though you are out of range.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 2:40 AM

6 replies

Feb 20, 2012 9:50 AM in response to iamjeremie

I think i did mention that, I am out of network range. So that means i can not list the SSID. I Know that there is way like for forgetting network. I keep forgetting to forget network before I get out of network. I think a well designed software should have such option password expires x no of days/hours. or should be capable of forgeting network any time.

Is there any other way?

Feb 20, 2012 10:15 AM in response to diesel vdub

Will that erase my whole Access point connection definitions. I am scared to do as its ascing my passcode, i think once i give it would delete all. I dont want to because I have nearly 10-15SSID defined accept me when I am in their radius of range. If it does this is painful than contacting IT department and getting it reset.

Alternatively turning off WIFI does not work, When u are turning on sometimes you hardly get time to see wireless and go forget network. On the other hand I am connected always. Home <--> Office on week day. Only my travel time get onto 3G providers network. That is way of escaping from a solution or the way actually it has to work. Iphone devs should probably know about it.

If still there any option left. I would like to explore

Feb 20, 2012 10:24 AM in response to sushilkar

If the Network Settings are reset, it will definitely wipe all the Wi-Fi access points from the device.

Why are you scared of this? Why would you need to contact IT to re-establish connections? All it requires is re-entering the passcode for the Wi-Fi network the next time the device is in range. It's tedious, but it works.

Why is there even a need to forget the network in the first place? If it's so much of a hassle to connect to the particular network, stop connecting to it. Or learn to "forget the network" before leaving it's range. This isn't an Apple issue so much as a user and Network issue.

Feb 20, 2012 10:39 AM in response to diesel vdub

As a user, I was trying to seek enhancements. I think people would love if we have such missing options. As i used term option. People who look forward for such, can use it.

I have 10 SSIDs which i joined before like my friends places, hotels, etc. and 1 addition which am using is Office, so total I have 11 SSIDs which i keep visiting. If I am going reset settings, i think i would remove configs(including 10WEP key + office password) that case in office it works well but when with other 10place each I need to ask for their WEP passcode have to get reconnected. Which i meant as painful job than contacting Office IT department and getting my Official unlocked(it gets a lock after 3wrong attempts).

This isn't a blame on anything, i thinkyou need to read with +ve thoughts. I have been doing forget network, but sometimes i forget to do that, next day when i enter office, in backend it tries to connect and by the time, i try to disable, it must have already got lock on my account.

is there an option to forget wireless network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.