Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with 2 different audio interfaces and Logic

Hi there,

I'm trying to run Guitar Rig Control and TC Near with Logic 9 via an aggregate device which i installed in the AudioMIDI setup.

I tried all combinations with TC first or GR first. Audio would not play in the session. Heard about the trick to turn core audio on and off...no results. I have read different posts on different forums with folks having the same problems. Should I give up on the Idea to run different audio interfaces on Logic or is there a reliable solution to this problem since I would like to use it live.

Thanks for inputs!

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 2:45 AM

11 replies

Feb 20, 2012 3:12 AM in response to melodea

Did you choose the Aggregate device for both Input and Output.

Also... I would first try it with system I/O buffer of 256, set the sampling rate to 44.1 and 16 or 24-bit.

This is a basic setup, if it's going to work it should work with these settings.

Read this support file (maybe you have?)

Especially the parts relating to master clock and resampling.

Feb 21, 2012 12:12 AM in response to melodea

My main machine has a working project.. this is from my back room G5.

You've probably already tried this. The problem is, if the two interfaces aren't clock locked by an s/pdif cable

or wordclock, the "second" interface has to have "Resample" checked and some interface drivers don't like that.

If you haven't, include the built-in audio, in fact, try it as the master clock. you have nothing to lose at this point.

User uploaded file

Feb 21, 2012 12:38 AM in response to Pancenter

Thanx...as you mentioned, I tried it BUT I found a solution (to my problem) which was obvious:

I'm running Guitar Rig 5 as stand alone with Guitar Kontrol as audio interface and Logic 9 with TC near as audio interface! 2 programs, 2 interfaces deeeh...

would still be nice, if 2 different audio interfaces could be hooked up to Logic 9 without rocket sience;-) after all they managed to go to the moon 43 years ago, hmmmm!!

Problems with 2 different audio interfaces and Logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.