Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to burn bought movies from iTunes to DVD's?

I am wondering if I buy a movie on iTunes could I burn it on a DVD to watch on my DVD player? Do I have to use iMovie?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 7:29 AM

You can't. They are protected from being converted to other formats or being played on anything other than authorized devices.

4 replies

Feb 21, 2012 6:51 AM in response to thesurgwithmac

The content owners are very strict on multi format copying of movies (unlike CDs) If you want it on DVD you have to buy it again on DVD. Of course you could just buy it on DVD and stick it in your computer -- except Apple seems to be phasing out including optical drives on its computers since you can, after all, buy the movie on the iTunes Store and if you want to see it on your TV you can also go out and buy an Apple TV so you play your Apple purchased movie on your Apple purchased Apple TV... 😟

One thing to do is just get movies on DVD and check if there is a digital download option where you can also download a version for your computer.

How to burn bought movies from iTunes to DVD's?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.