Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I actually print out the background fill in a table's rows?

Hi guys and gals,

I have been trying to figure out this one for a while now and need some help in diagnosing it. I have a table with alternating colour fill on so that the first row is shaded grey, the next not, the next grey ad infinitum. Now if I print the document to Preview as a PDF then the alternating colours appear. If I then print that PDF document to paper the rows print with the correct alternating fill. If however I try printing the Pages '09 document straight to paper the rows all print out with no fill colour

I cannot seem to find an option anywhere to say "display but don't print the fill in this cell / row". Is there a setting in Pages? I have been through the Inspector thing with a fine-toothed comb but I'm obviously going blind. Or is this a quirk of my printer? If I print an image then it prints the colours ok with no scrimping to save ink. Again I cannot find a setting on the printer to disable the cell / row fill when actually committing a document to paper

So in summary:

Alternating fill produces stripey table on the screen

Printing to PDF shows a stripey table and can be printed to paper with stripes

Printing from Pages '09 to paper removes the stripes

I'm on the very latest version of Lion and Pages '09. My printer is an HP PSC 2179 with up to date drivers etc

Would love some help on this one and a virtual jeroboam of vodka to anyone who can resolve the issue 🙂

Cheers,

Andy

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2.5GHz 4GB RAM

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 7:56 AM

There are no replies.

How do I actually print out the background fill in a table's rows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.