Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personalize with Washi Tape?

So, I found this craft, where you take washi tape and you put it over your keyboard keys. The tape is pretty see through, so you can still see the letters on the keys. I don't want to do it if it would ruin the keyboard, basically if I decide I want to take it off later, I don't want it to ruin it. Plus, my keys are black, so do you think it would come out ok?

Heres the tutorial:

hernewleaf.com/2012/01/16/diy-washi-tape-laptop-keyboard/

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 1:29 PM

I know this is a bit late on the uptake, but if you're still wondering:

I was thinking of doing this as well on my new MacBook pro. I was a little concerned about how it would look on the black keys, so I went hunting and found this blog:

http://granola2glam.blogspot.com/2012/07/diy-colorful-macbook-washi-tape.html

Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of how the lighter tape looked on the black keys, but if you use more opaque tapes (I have a black one with just a bit of script in silver) it looks a lot more appealing. You don't have to worry about not being able to see the lettering on the keys if you have the back-lit keyboard. With the back lighting on, the letters show through perfectly. Also, the washi tape comes off without leaving even the slightest residue. It's very similar to painter's tape.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2012 1:29 PM in response to jvancour

I know this is a bit late on the uptake, but if you're still wondering:

I was thinking of doing this as well on my new MacBook pro. I was a little concerned about how it would look on the black keys, so I went hunting and found this blog:

http://granola2glam.blogspot.com/2012/07/diy-colorful-macbook-washi-tape.html

Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of how the lighter tape looked on the black keys, but if you use more opaque tapes (I have a black one with just a bit of script in silver) it looks a lot more appealing. You don't have to worry about not being able to see the lettering on the keys if you have the back-lit keyboard. With the back lighting on, the letters show through perfectly. Also, the washi tape comes off without leaving even the slightest residue. It's very similar to painter's tape.

Hope this helps!

Personalize with Washi Tape?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.