Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Mac ISP??

When I am taking advantage of the free WIFI access points I use Safari no trouble. But if I want to set up a Internet connection from home does anyone have any suggestions about ISPs that are especially good with Macs?
Thank You
GOD Bless and Good Luck

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Feb 22, 2006 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2006 1:32 PM

Since the Mac uses international standards to connect to an ISP and pretty much every ISP also uses those standards you will be hard pressed to find an ISP that won't work with your iBook.

Some ISPs can't provide any support (i.e. answer questions) for the Mac OS, but the good news is that you rarely need that.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2006 1:32 PM in response to SMTF

Since the Mac uses international standards to connect to an ISP and pretty much every ISP also uses those standards you will be hard pressed to find an ISP that won't work with your iBook.

Some ISPs can't provide any support (i.e. answer questions) for the Mac OS, but the good news is that you rarely need that.

Feb 22, 2006 1:43 PM in response to SMTF

It won't make any difference, except for maybe whether the ISP "supports" Macs or not - meaning they may or may not be obliged to help you with any technical issues on the Mac should they arise - does not necessarily mean that Macs won't work with their service. If you're looking at broadband, you're likely limited to DSL through your local phone company, or whatever cable company monopolizes your community.

Best Mac ISP??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.