Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Well I downloaded a toolbar that doesn't work on my Macbook OS X version 10.6 8, and it doesn't work and every time I open my safari browser a pop up saying the community toolbar doesn't support it. I have more info if anyone needs more, help?

All right, so my tool bar is from a site called "make me babies" it's one of those sites where you can take photo of yourself and fuse it with another person. I didn't know that's what I was downloading I thought I was downloading like an app to use that wouldn't attach itself to my toolbar I guess.

So the first that pops up when I re open my browser is that it doesn't work with my toolbar I guess? Like I said I have a Macbook OS X. Um I brought it to the mac store and even though the guy there was really helpful and nice, it turns out whatever he did (which was redownloading the product and then uninstalling it) didn't work and it's still on here a couple months down the road. I'm really frustrated and I feel bad, but the app or program called "make me babies" is no longer on my computer so I feel like whatever it is- is just like a little chunk of the program still stuck on my computer.

What should I do??

Please Help!

-Alicia

Mac OSX

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 9:58 AM

7 replies

Feb 20, 2012 1:23 PM in response to MonaAlicia

The first thing you should do is not download stupid crap like this, especially if you don't know what you're downloading.

If you want to get rid of it, try this:

Quit Safari if it's running. Then, in a Finder window, go to:

/Applications /Toolbars /MakeMeBabies or

/Applications /Toolbars /BabyMaker

Doublle-click the uninstaller and let it run.

Feb 20, 2012 3:06 PM in response to kurt188

Here, let me explain the way you use the word "crap" in a sentence like this, especially when I'm asking for help from a total stranger such as yourself. It's rude, obviously I know now not to do something like download something like that to my computer. It's not the difficult to figure out, and obviously I'm suffering the consequences for it now. So are you planning on helping me? Or should I not reply to your next reply if it has the word "crap" in it? I'm sure this whole discussion board was created to be used in a professional way, which is how I would like to keep my responses.

Well I downloaded a toolbar that doesn't work on my Macbook OS X version 10.6 8, and it doesn't work and every time I open my safari browser a pop up saying the community toolbar doesn't support it. I have more info if anyone needs more, help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.