Previous 1 2 Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2013 8:55 PM by neal08ni
TomoK12 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)

The battery life on my iPhone is TERRIBLE. So I rang apple and they're going to send out a box for my iPhone with instructions on how to send it in. I'm wondering do I need to put the headphones or USB in with it and if I don't, do you not get a new iPhone box with your replacement?

 

How long does it take them to send a replacement from your experiences?

 

And finally will this iPhone be a refurbished one and by refurbished does that mean that it was once used by somebody else?? :/

 

Thanks for the help !


iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1
  • TomoK12 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)

    Please somebody reply or at least guess...

  • wegras Level 6 Level 6 (14,945 points)

    No you do not send accessories .The replacement will be a

    refurbished (as new) iPhone4S

    You will not be able to detect it is not new ( I have had 2x various refurb iPhones)

    and the refurbished units are "brown box" without any accessories

  • KiltedTim Level 8 Level 8 (46,490 points)

    Fust follow the instructions you get with the shipping box. Typically you're told NOT to send anything other than the phone itself. Do not send the charger, cable or headphones.

     

    Replacements are made from service stock. They could be new or refurbished by Apple. If they are refurbished, they are given new serial numbers and should be indistinguishable from new.

  • TomoK12 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)

    Peter Gillespie wrote:

     

    No you do not send accessories .The replacement will be a

    refurbished (as new) iPhone4S

    You will not be able to detect it is not new ( I have had 2x various refurb iPhones)

    and the refurbished units are "brown box" without any accessories

    I'm after paying €799 for the **** phone, you'd think they'd give a new version, I've heard a lot of problems from people with refurbished versions. Can I request a new version? Is it at all possible I could get a new version?

  • KiltedTim Level 8 Level 8 (46,490 points)

    No. South Korea is the only country on the planet where manufacturers are required to replace items under warranty with new ones. Replacing electronics with refurbished service stock is standard practice throughout the industry.

  • TomoK12 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)

    KiltedTim wrote:

     

    No. South Korea is the only country on the planet where manufacturers are required to replace items under warranty with new ones. Replacing electronics with refurbished service stock is standard practice throughout the industry.

    But why does it say on my network's (Mobile) website that refurbished iPhones are much cheaper. I never thought I'd pay Almost eight hundred euro for a refurbished product.

  • KiltedTim Level 8 Level 8 (46,490 points)

    The refurbished phones that your network is selling are NOT the same as the refurbished phones Apple uses for service stock. They have been virtually completely rebuilt and tested even more thoroughly than new iPhones are.

  • TomoK12 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)

    Ok thank you, I'm not so worried now. But what I still don't understand is I still have to pay the full €799 for a second hand phone. Thats a ridiculous price for a new phone and a second hand phone...

     

    Could I ask for a refund?

  • KiltedTim Level 8 Level 8 (46,490 points)

    You don't have to pay for a replacement unless it's out of warranty, and then it's a substantially reduced price. The only reason you should have to pay full price for a replacement is if you don't return your old one or if the original was so completely destroyed that it's beyond rebuilding.

  • wegras Level 6 Level 6 (14,945 points)

    The iPhone you are returning is second hand ,

    you have used it for an undisclosed time .

    the way the world works is that you get an as new replacement

    in exchange

  • danbi84 Level 2 Level 2 (280 points)

    are you saying you are paying for the replacement?  shouldn't be the case.  If you meant you paid 799 for the original phone, the fine print says that replaements under warranty may or may not be new phones.

     

    You may still get a brand new iphone, the 4s is new enough that replacements are not necessarily refurbished.

     

    however, I have always been happy with my apple refurbished products.  Never have I been able to identify any difference between their refurbished products and their new ones.  In fact, I'd say they are better than brand new - because any potential defects are already taken care of.  You will not know the difference, both a new iphone replacement and a refurbished iphone replacement will come in the same packaging.

  • TomoK12 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)

    danbi84 wrote:

     

    are you saying you are paying for the replacement?  shouldn't be the case.  If you meant you paid 799 for the original phone, the fine print says that replaements under warranty may or may not be new phones.

     

    You may still get a brand new iphone, the 4s is new enough that replacements are not necessarily refurbished.

     

    however, I have always been happy with my apple refurbished products.  Never have I been able to identify any difference between their refurbished products and their new ones.  In fact, I'd say they are better than brand new - because any potential defects are already taken care of.  You will not know the difference, both a new iphone replacement and a refurbished iphone replacement will come in the same packaging.

    I'm just saying I payed €799 for a NEW iPhone 4S, I shouldn't be just slapped with a refurbished one just because Apple didn't spend enough time thinking the battery through.

  • KiltedTim Level 8 Level 8 (46,490 points)

    Then lobby your government to change the law... like they did in South Korea.

  • themystx2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    My iPhone 4 was a refurb, and it lasted a heck of a lot longer than my "new" device. 

Previous 1 2 Next