Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spell check not working properly

I am using Page '09 version 4.1. Spell check is not finding misspellings. I have checked, Check Spelling as you Type and have tried Edit->Spelling->Spelling... and it still miss words like meeti, which should be meeting, or develope, which should be develop. I am worried that these misspellings may have been learned some how. If so how do I correct or delete any words I added/leaned to the dictionary? I also notice that Safari is not checking spelling as I type. In order to check what I am writing here I must go to Edit->Spelling & Grammer->Check Document Now. Pages does not have this option to Check Document now or it is not working for me.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), MacBook Air, IPad v1, Apple TV v2

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 10:36 AM

7 replies

Feb 20, 2012 10:46 AM in response to jimhaynes

Most of the time Spell check can't give the right suggestion if more than one character is wrong, missing or to many. I find that spell check can see it might be a wrongly spelled word though. If it can't see it a a wrongly spelled word it is a problem. Better tell apple when you find word like that but make sure you tell them which language you find the problem in. There are several versions of english you know. I wold use this page http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html as Spell checking is a system feature and not a specific Pages or Safari feature.

Feb 9, 2013 1:35 PM in response to bobo99

Probably because you are clicking in some other text.

The language only applies to selected text.

This paragraph can be English (and bold).

Diese Texte verleicht Deutsch ist (and italic).

This text could be None (no language, and thus not spell checked, also no bold nor italic).

Setting it for one does not change it for the others anymore than changing the font in one changes the rest.

Just like fonts, color and any other format, if you copy and paste or drag in text from elsewhere, such as the Internet, you are bringing in yet another set of formatting, including whether it has a different language, or none.

Peter

Spell check not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.