Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone calendar lost history entries. How do you get your past history back?

I have recently looked to see history in my calendar on my Iphone4 and Ipodtouch and my entries for up to 2 years ago are no longer there. Does anyone know how to retrieve these entries? How long the phones keep the history?....or if you can set the calendar to always keep entries?

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 11:20 AM

Check Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>scroll down to the Calendars section and set Sync to All Events.

14 replies

Feb 20, 2012 11:33 AM in response to randers4

Thanks Randers4...But..

There is no 'sync to all events' in Calendars section on my Iphone4. It used to keep all my calendar entries going back to when I got the phone when they first came out almost 2 years ago. Now it only shows history for entries back 3 months. My friend also has the same issue on their Ipod Touch.

Feb 20, 2012 11:51 AM in response to randers4

On my Iphone4 when I got to "Settings" - 'Mail,Contacts,Calendars' - I scroll to 'Calendars'. The only options under Calendars is - new invitation alerts - time zone support - default alerts - default calendar - There is no 'Sync' option.

Unfortunately, I believe that all of my entries were removed when I installed Icloud, which I no longer use. Perhaps I need to turn icloud back on and reset it to all events and then turn I clouds off again?

Dec 30, 2016 9:17 PM in response to randers4

Almost 5 years later, your post is still helping people. Thank you for replying. I thought I lost 7 years of history when I signed up for iCloud a month ago so I could set up my 2 kids on family share. After setting up, suddenly, My iMac had only 3 months of calendar going back in time. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple support to no avail. Then in December, September dropped off, so was only keeping a rolling past 3 months. Your suggestion tonight that I found after hours of searching did the trick and once I turned off icloud calendar on iphone, changed the iTunes sync, and turned back iCloud on phone everything started populating in the calendar. Cannot thank you enough! Was like someone burned 7 years of diaries, completely heartbroken. Getting them back is a wonderful way to finish 2016!

Iphone calendar lost history entries. How do you get your past history back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.