Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect Folder Badge Count

I have a folder on my homescreen with several apps in it. This problem has not come up until just recently, but the notification badge count for the folder is always one less than the number of notifications if I open the folder and count each app's notifications.

I have tried clearing all the notifications, turning notifications off and then on again, restarting my phone, and removing all the apps from the folder and then recreating it. Nothing has worked so far. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I am on an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.0.1. Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 8:16 PM

I found the app that was causing the problem and deleting and reinstalling it worked.

In my case the offending app was Ticket to Rode Pocket. To figure this out I took each app out of the folder one by one to see if the folder's badge count was correct without it. Without Ticket to Ride in the folder the badge count was correct, but whenever it was in the folder it was acting as a -1 for the folder.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it, restarting my iPhone after each of those steps just to be safe, and that fixed the problem for now. Hopefully it proves to be a permanent solution.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2012 8:16 PM in response to danjo34

I found the app that was causing the problem and deleting and reinstalling it worked.

In my case the offending app was Ticket to Rode Pocket. To figure this out I took each app out of the folder one by one to see if the folder's badge count was correct without it. Without Ticket to Ride in the folder the badge count was correct, but whenever it was in the folder it was acting as a -1 for the folder.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it, restarting my iPhone after each of those steps just to be safe, and that fixed the problem for now. Hopefully it proves to be a permanent solution.

Incorrect Folder Badge Count

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.