Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing total duration for multiple audio files

I need to be able to view 'total duration', when selecting multiple audio files, e.g. 10 audio files, total duration 42.03. I can't find a way to do this and so far, all I've been able to do is view individual audio file durations, then total them manually (which takes far too long, for what I need to do). I've previously been a Windows user, and this is instantly viewable in Explorer.

I'm new to OS X, and really need to be able to do this for my job. Can anyone help??

Thanks in advance, Marc

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 11:31 AM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 9:31 AM in response to mcooling

You can use the VLC video player (is a free download): select all the audio files in Finder > r-click and open with VLC. VLC opens w all the files in a playlist, with the total duration at the top of the playlist. (The audio files will auto-play but just click the Stop btn)

...and you can also use iTunes, but is clunky - requires sorting the tracks in iTunes (probably by Date Added) to isolate from other tracks then moving all to a playlist.

Viewing total duration for multiple audio files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.