Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Mountain Lion be compatible with my computer?

I have an intel iMac 20'' 2007, will I be able to download Mountain Lion 10.8 this summer?

I currently have Lion and the MAS.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 1:28 PM

Try this link: http://osxdaily.com/2012/02/16/os-x-10-8-mountain-lion-system-requirements/

24 replies

Jun 30, 2012 5:17 AM in response to brownee019

I have a MacPro with ATI Radeon HD 5770. Will be able to run Mountain Lios

:

Información del hardware:

Nombre del modelo: Mac Pro

Identificador del modelo: MacPro1,1

Nombre del procesador: Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Velocidad del procesador: 2,66 GHz

Cantidad de procesadores: 2

Cantidad total de núcleos: 4

Caché de nivel 2 (por procesador): 4 MB

Memoria: 6 GB

Velocidad del bus: 1,33 GHz

Versión de la ROM de arranque: MP11.005C.B08

Versión SMC (sistema): 1.7f10

Número de serie (sistema): CK705079UPZ

UUID de hardware: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F206A7E6

Jul 25, 2012 8:54 AM in response to jseet

The compatbility spec is based on year, because Apple knows what hardware is in that system for each year model, hence then it would be hardware capability test based off of that. Because each year model has limited upgrade capabilities (usually only ram/cpu upgrades) they go by year model because they know exactly what it is capable of. Its not like a Windows system where users can change everyhting out and upgrade specific hardware options.

When you go to the Apple menu and choose About This Mac, then More Information, this will tell you your model number, that is how you look up what year it is from, by searching the model number.

Jul 25, 2012 9:13 AM in response to whitewater2

Okay, I get that - let me rephrase: "they go by year model because they know" doesn't tell the consumer how the consumder would know. And to be more accurate, there is no "model number" in the About This Mac dialog; there's Processor, Memory, Graphics, Serial Number and Software.

Which brings me back to this: if it's based on processor, memory and graphics, then that's a hardware spec. So this question isn't so much about what Apple can determine, but what *I* can determine (e.g. if I want to know if I can install Mountain Lion). The year might be equally accurate, but it doesn't seem as obvious to a consumer, especially if they bought a refurbished or used machine.

There used to be a web form you could simply feed a serial number into and it would do a lookup for you and know exactly what hardware capability it had (and consequently, you could tell if the machine had the right specs).

Jul 25, 2012 9:30 AM in response to jseet

Click MORE INFO, or SYSTEM REPORT.

- System Profiler > Hardware Overview will give you your model ID. Finding the year out from that will take about 10 seconds on Google.

- Contact Apple with your serial number they can also tell you what year.

- Free IOS App called MacTracker by model, then model number will help people also.

- http://www.everymac.com/ has listed every MAC also.

Will Mountain Lion be compatible with my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.