Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

More Like This no more?

For a while now, the "More Like This" section doesn't seem to be very helpul. Many posts (most for new questions) don't have any suggestions at all. This is especially strange as when you input the question in the search field, plenty of related discussions are found.

User uploaded file

For the minority that has suggestions listed, they don't seem to be very appropriate. Almost as if just a single word was picked from the question and that's what the suggestions were based on.

The More Like This list used to be very useful in referring people to the right area and oft-discussed topics. What happened? Did Apple change the search logarithm that doesn't work, or are they in the process of transitioning to something better ,and this is just a temporary condition?

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 4:27 PM

I answered a post a few minutes ago illustrating exactly why 'more like this' will be a facility we shall miss. And on another section I noticed a 'more like this' that was totally out of sync with the subject matter.

There's no rhyme or reason to it and hopefully someone higher up will take notice.

One other benefit is that he who posts a question will then be presented with many pertinent and alternate viewpoints that can resolve the problem even when his original post has not been responded to.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2012 4:27 PM in response to Rysz

I answered a post a few minutes ago illustrating exactly why 'more like this' will be a facility we shall miss. And on another section I noticed a 'more like this' that was totally out of sync with the subject matter.

There's no rhyme or reason to it and hopefully someone higher up will take notice.

One other benefit is that he who posts a question will then be presented with many pertinent and alternate viewpoints that can resolve the problem even when his original post has not been responded to.

More Like This no more?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.