Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAGIC MOUSE WONT CONNECT!!

I have a 21.5 inch imac (the cheapest one) i bought in october 2011 and i hava a trackpad and magic mouse. The trackpad always stays connected but the magic mouse will connect but when i use it it says Lost Connection. I triend so many things but nothing works!!!

magic Mouse-OTHER

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 6:31 PM

Sorry not a fan of the whole BT things...

Try new battery for maximum signal

Or try wired mouse they never fail !

8 replies

Feb 20, 2012 7:01 PM in response to zach.p444

There are many threads on this, not just in the apple discussions either. Google it. But one of the longest here is this one:

Magic Mouse Loses Connection

One theory commonly discussed there is that not all batteries are created wual. The positive terminal varies in height slightly from one manufacturer to another and thus shorter ones loose contact with the MM positive terminal. The suggested solution is a small piece of aluminum foil as a shim to keep the batteriey in contact. Or a small piece of paper to push down on the batteries by the compartment cover. Or find a battery with a long enough positive terminal that works for your specific MM.

Feb 21, 2012 9:10 AM in response to zach.p444

I have had this problem lot it was a nightmare, I started hating the mouse whenever the machine was taxed a bit the mouse would disconnect, especially when playing Starcraft 2!!!!!!!

It had new batteries and the power was at 100%

I changed the brand of battery to some cheapish re-chargeable ones form tesco.

They are called Tesco 'Greener Living' the problem went away and has so far stayed away, if it comes back I will let you know.

I recommend these batteries anyway even if just for the keyboard they last a long time. PS I hate TESCO!

Apr 11, 2012 10:54 PM in response to zach.p444

I have the same problem with my mouse as well, regardless of battery brand (even apple's) or of how much charge is left!

Only solution i have found that works "most" of the time is putting my imac to sleep and then waking it again. If that doesnt work, turning bluetooth on and off sometimes works, then of course there is the shut down and start again method.

Incredibly bad habit of the magic mouse.

Has happened since i bought the imac in 2009.

MAGIC MOUSE WONT CONNECT!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.