Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a macbook and a imac both running snow leopard I can screen share from the macbook to the imac but the imac will not screen share with the mackbook.

I have a Macbook and a iMac both running snow leopard. I had set up screen share so I was able to control my Macbook from my iMac and it worked until the Macbook shut down and the connection between the two froze up. After that I am not able get the iMac to connect to the Macbook in any way. I have tried vncing creating new users resetting and clearing passwords and even reinstalled the os on the Macbook. The Macbook will share screen with the iMac with no problems. I am begining to think there might a problem with the iMac and not the Macbook. Is there the possibility that when the iMac lost connection with the Macbook a file became corrupted and if so what might it be and how do I fix.

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac8,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.29f1

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook2,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MB21,00A5.B07

SMC Version (system) 1,13f3

Mac OS X10.6.8.(10K549) On both

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 7:27 PM

11 replies

Feb 20, 2012 8:24 PM in response to lrwitt

I'm on 10.7.3 at the momrnt, but I suspect these files...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive.)

Trash these files but d not empty the trash yet in case we need to put them back...

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist

/private/var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd/overrides.plist

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.RemoteManagement.plist

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.RemoteManagement.plist.lockfile

Reboot & set up Screen Sharing again.

Feb 21, 2012 7:26 AM in response to lrwitt

lrwitt wrote:

Yes I can ping both.

connectivity is fine then.

there is one option i can suggest but i cannot guarantee if this will work for you. this is what i have on my system. i created a sharing only account.

this is how it looks.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

then try connect via finder. you should see the other computer on the sidebar of the finder window and click on share screen.

Feb 23, 2012 7:00 PM in response to lrwitt

I got things working and thanks for the help everyone gave me. I discovered that the MacBook was stuck in the google update loop and the only way to fix it was to do a clean install thanks for the councel sugestion to see what was going on. I also discovered that the trial version of Mackeeper didn't go away when I uninstalled it but with the help of concel I was able to hunt down the files that were endlessly writing to a log file.

I have a macbook and a imac both running snow leopard I can screen share from the macbook to the imac but the imac will not screen share with the mackbook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.