Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPlayer and ITV player problems

I thought an early night to watch BBC and ITV would be ideal with my ip2 but periodically each different app would start again from the beginning even though the time line didn't change.

FInally I had to return to my XP laptop where both services worked perfectly.

Are there known issues with ip2 playing streaming?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 1:47 AM

3 replies

Oct 29, 2012 11:53 AM in response to David Beare

My problem is with iPad 2 (IOS 6) and the BBC iPlayer (ver 2.0) only... All the other TV Apps, ITV Player, 4oD, Demand 5 and Sky Go, all work seamlessly.

The BBC don't seem to want to know judging by their lack of comment in The App Store, BBC iPlayer App review section. Since the 19th Sept to the present it seems that over 90% of the 325 reviewers are seriously unhappy since upgrading to IOS 6. Surely if the other channels have got it right why can't the BBC? There is nothing at the BBC on the matter either. I have contacted them via their website and the electronic reply states roughly don't expect a personal response on the matter. The BBC are living up to their reputation of being 'out of reach' when you require assistance.

Dec 21, 2012 7:05 AM in response to David Beare

I received this reply from the BBC today, 21st Dec.

Reference CAS-1749446-GKCSC5

Thank you for contacting the BBC iPlayer support team.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying. We know our correspondents appreciate a quick response and we are sorry you have had to wait on this occasion.

I understand you’re experiencing problems whilst streaming on your iPad as it starts from the beginning after few minutes into the programme.

We’re aware of the issue and can confirm that it is under investigation and would be resolved in the next iOS update. We apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Meantime, uninstall the app and reinstall it and try streaming programmes.

Once again thank you for contacting BBC iPlayer.

Kind Regards

Usha Devi Peri

BBC Audience Services

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Further on the problem of restarts my wife now has an ipad 4 and it seems BBCi Player streamed progs run ok. My ipad 2 still has the problem so fingers crossed the problem will be solved, as the BBC indicate... Mike

iPlayer and ITV player problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.