Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail no longer makes the "woosh" sound when sending mail

OS X 10.7.3, MBP

The other sounds seem to work in Mail. I have the sounds-on options checked (having turned them off and on again). It worked yesterday as far as I can remember. I have restarted the MBP three times since yesterday. I had a "finder not responding" problem on shut-down last night, which I resolved by killing Finder in Activity Monitor. I'm wondering if something has been corrupted. I have the 10.7.3 combo update downloaded (and installed), and my inclination is to re-install it, but I wanted to see if anyone knows a simpler solution. I do have regular Time Machine backaups available. Perhaps the Mail plist file would be worth restoring? Advice appreciated

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 3:06 AM

6 replies

Feb 21, 2012 3:27 AM in response to petermac87

Yes, I have been in there, turning things off and on again.

However, it seems to be fixed now. What I did was a full Option-Command-Q close down of Mail. After restarting it, the "woosh" is back :-)

I'm so used to doing a simple command-Q to close a program, I forgot to thry the option-command-Q variety. One of these days, I'll remember what to do in Lion :-(

DN

Apple Mail no longer makes the "woosh" sound when sending mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.