Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 slow to charge.. Ready to buy a different phone!

Hi I have had my iphone4 for 10 months now, and I regret buying a iPhone! At the moment it is slow to recharge the phone has been on charge

For 7 hours and my battery is only on 44%, it doesn't een beep and vibrate when I plug it in nor show that it is charging,

I know it's not the charger as I swapped chargers with my partner and still the same, also tried the hard reset with no luck.

Next best thing I can think of is the smash this P.O.S phone! Unless someone has any ideas

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 9:54 AM

10 replies

Feb 21, 2012 11:07 AM in response to Wha77

We haven't discussed it yet, but you may not have a hardware problem. Sometimes apps get stuck trying to send data, and just loop trying and failing over and over. This runs the battery down pretty quickly. And it will also slow down the charge cycle. So a couple of easy things to try:

• Go to the Quick Launch bar (press HOME twice while on the Home screen), hold any app until they all wriggle, then tap the "-" on each to close it. Do it for all apps, including mail. When you are done reboot by holding HOME and SLEEP until an Apple logo appears.
  • Run the battery all the way down until the phone shuts off, then charge with a mains charger (not a computer) for 4 hours. The battery SHOULD come up to 100% in that time. If it doesn't (and the phone does not get hot) you probably do have a bad battery.
  • If it DOES get hot you haven't solved the first problem; a Restore as New with iTunes is the next (and last) thing to try.

Jan 20, 2014 10:00 AM in response to Wha77

Solution Iphone batter slow charge SOLUTION

Just go to settings > reset > 'reset all settings'

This is the solution to get the Iphone back to normal (quick) charging!! 100% worked for me after anoying 2 weeks of figuring out WHY it charged sooo slow! You won't lose data/contacts. Only WiFi passwords and some basic settings, but this is not a big deal compare to the slow charge problem! Success!!

iPhone 4 slow to charge.. Ready to buy a different phone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.