Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot update my discussion profile

Each time I want to update my profile to add my macbookair (present in my registered items list)

I get this screen ...

Getting me nowhere !

Any one having an Idea ?

I successfully updated other products.

I tryed usual log off / log on trick ... In vain.

Jean.

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 12:27 PM

10 replies

Apr 21, 2012 11:48 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for your answer Leonie !

Unfortunatly the problerm is the same.

It looks like there may be some trouble with my MBA registration with Apple,

or some kind of a bug somewhere,

as I can successfully add an other registered product to my profile (even one I already added)

execpt my MBA that shows up normally at the top of the list as a registered product (I mean the list

appearing to help you pick-up a new product to add in your profile list) will always lead me to that dummy

screen.

If I just try a back page from that screen,

the add a new product screen shows up already filled up with an Iphone 4S I never had or

picked up myself from the list ...

Just weird !

Jean.

Apr 21, 2012 12:20 PM in response to montcley.jean

Jean,

you got further with that than me! On my screen the "registered product to account ..." item always is greyed out and I cannot even select it - as a work-around I always head directly to the "All Products" section of the list and pick a suitable entry from that list - if nothing matches, I go for "other product - specify".

Regards

Léonie

Apr 22, 2012 3:01 AM in response to montcley.jean

I tried to recreate the problem you describe, and unfortunately I seem to have succeeded 😟. Sofar the "registered product to account ..." item has not been available, when I edited my ASC profile, because my products have not been registered with my private Apple ID that I use in the Support Communities, but with a different Apple ID that I use professionally. Yesterday I tried to register one of my Macs to my private Apple ID to check out what you describe - with the result that I got a very friendly error message that the Mac already is registered to another Apple ID, with fatal results. The consequence is that now I cannot register or edit any product any longer in any of my Apple IDs 😮. Probably Apple now suspects me of trying to register stolen goods. Both "My Support Profile" pages are locked with the error message you describe; there is no longer a possibility to edit any of the products, and no indication how to proceed to correct this mess.

Do you also have two Apple IDs, or can it be that someone else has been using your Apple ID to register a phone? Or if you or someone else made a spelling mistake when entering a serial number, then you may have run into the same situation - trying to register a product already registered to another Apple ID and so accidentally locking the "My Support Profile" interface. Or can you still add products to your support profile in the "My Support Profile" page?

Regards

Léonie

Apr 22, 2012 3:31 AM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie !

Thanks for your kind help and feed-back.

I hope you don't get in trouble because of me !

On my side I have two Apple ID :

One I use for Itunes,

register my products,

shop online in Apple store etc ...

The other one is just my @me.com adress,

I only use for Mobileme (soon over) and Icloud features.

Apple tempted me several times to fusionate the two to use only

my @me.com adress,

and I always refused to do so fearing it would lead to some kind of mess.

When I try to update my ASC profile by adding my MBA (showing up in my registered products list)

I click the ok button on the screen and then get stuck on the dummy screen with the yellow post-it.

For the Iphone 4S showing up in the fields of the screen I get by clicking the back page arrow

when getting fed up with the dummy screen,

I don't know where it comes from, and when I get back on my ASC profile screen it doesn't show up any

more.

All those screens behaviour look a bit strange to me who have spent so many years in my programming job,

trying to do my best to ensure security and accuracy of datas entered into databases ...

Applying the old but true rule :"SH*T IN /SH*T/OUT"

Anyway I realise my MBA must be registered properly on Apple database,

as I purchased an Apple Care Program for it a few days ago,

and did register it successfully wit its SN., the MBA SN., and my usual Apple ID.

This is going to be my first opportunity to use this service,

and I will forward their feed-back to you.

Kind regards,

Jean.

Apr 22, 2012 5:24 AM in response to montcley.jean

Thanks for your kind help and feed-back.

I hope you don't get in trouble because of me !

You are welcome! Don't you worry, I'll fix it. I just wanted to know what will happen, if you accidentally try to register a product twice, and now I know. I am a bit surprised however by the lack of guidance when that happens - just turning off all interaction options is rather drastic.

Kind regards

Léonie

Apr 22, 2012 3:14 PM in response to léonie

Hello Jean,

for me the registration of products and update of the support profile worked again, after I reset the password for the Apple ID that my products (MBPs, iPods) are registered to. Resetting the password and security question did suffice - it was not necessary to merge the IDs. I had to wait for the corfirmation email, but after signing in again and confirming my email I could again register and unregister my products, and also use the registered products without problem to update my profile here in the ASC.

Perhaps a simple reset of the password and confirmation of the email address will do it for you too.

Kind regards

Léonie

Apr 23, 2012 5:07 AM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie !

Happy to read you problem is over.

I will try to reset my password later,

I am used to this one for the moment,

and I have so many to keep in mind !

Thanks for your so quick feedback !

Ill let you know !

Kind regards,

Jean.

P.S.:

I believe you are working in photography field ...

I am beggining with digital D700 camera ...

All a new world to discover ...

Challenging but tough to get into it !

Jean.

I cannot update my discussion profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.