Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerBook G4 reinstallation help!!

I have a PowerBook 15-inch 1.5GHz, I cannot honestly tell you anything more. I don't even know what Mac OS version it was running, or whatever. I lost the installation disc over time and it's come up with a grey screen 😟 Flashing with a folder with a icon in it, and a folder with a question mark in it. (As you can hopefully see from the pictures. Sorry for the awful quality!)

User uploaded file User uploaded file

It won't go onto the start up screen, and it basically freezes, so my only option is to hold down the power button to force it off. I've been looking up solutions and trying anything. Some people have been telling me that I need to reinstall the installation discs. But as I mentioned I don't have them anymore. I found disc on Ebay but I'm worried they won't be a match to my PowerBook. I'm so desperate for it to work again. I'm not bothered that I'll lose everything, because anything I had on it wasn't important. I hope someone can please help!

Here is a link to the discs on Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerbook-G4-15-17-OS-10-4-2-Install-Restore-Discs-NEW -/110756429925?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po% 3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6491579106702082365#ht_1118wt_1110

PowerBook

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 12:32 PM

1 reply

Feb 21, 2012 2:10 PM in response to Katrina_C

I found this info on the ifixit.com laptop site.

The disc set 2Z691-5534-A & 2Z691-5535-A should work with the aluminum g4 PowerBook series and is installable on all 15" & 17" models

It sure costs a lot less that a retail Tiger install DVD.

Two things to try.

See if it will startup in Safe Mode - depress the Shift key during startup.

Depress the Option key at startup & see if the Startup Manager window appears.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

PowerBook G4 reinstallation help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.