Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does itunes completely backs up your data?

When i connect my iphone or ipad in the computer it says on the top bar that it is backing up the data,automatically i didnt say to back it up. So if i restore my iphone do i have to back it up?because when i connect it,it automatically backs up the data. But when i restored the iphone i couldnt find the back up files on my computer.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 3.0.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 2:49 PM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2012 2:58 PM in response to Budre

In app data is backed up. Apps are not. Media is not backed up (music, movies, etc). Apps and media are intended to be synced to iTunes on your computer. All of that should be in iTunes already. Contacts are not backed up. Only enough information to maintain your favorites is backed up. Contacts are intended to be synced to an address book on your computer or a compatible cloud service. If all your contacts are in your address book, then you should be fine.

Does itunes completely backs up your data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.