Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get a mmeory card out of the DVD slot?

I accidentally put a memory card in the dvd slot, how do I retrieve it?

iMac

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 6:55 PM

very very carefully turn the iMac to the right so the optical drive and SD slot are facing down... try to shake it out like a bully shaking my lunch money???

or....not recommended -- unplug the unit and press and hold the power button to discharge the capacitors and use tweezers and a super bright flashlight and possibly fish it out and hope to not do damage to the optical drive....

or ..... take to genius bar and have them remove optical drive and remove the SD card... might cost you a few bucks because it wasn't apples fault... but genius bar has always been super helpful for me and never charged me even out of warranty. although my experience may not be what you receive.. different stores different employees and i'm a haggling pro.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2012 6:55 PM in response to reneefromscottsdale

very very carefully turn the iMac to the right so the optical drive and SD slot are facing down... try to shake it out like a bully shaking my lunch money???

or....not recommended -- unplug the unit and press and hold the power button to discharge the capacitors and use tweezers and a super bright flashlight and possibly fish it out and hope to not do damage to the optical drive....

or ..... take to genius bar and have them remove optical drive and remove the SD card... might cost you a few bucks because it wasn't apples fault... but genius bar has always been super helpful for me and never charged me even out of warranty. although my experience may not be what you receive.. different stores different employees and i'm a haggling pro.

How do I get a mmeory card out of the DVD slot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.