Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my xbox 360 live to connect to the AirPort Extreme?

Please help me! I just go the AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi because the Linksys E3000 kept kicking off our IPads and Ipods as well as the Xbox. However, now I can't figure out how to connect the Xbox with this new router! I tried to follow the steps from a similar question in 2010, but the software of the AirPort has changed so much I couldnt follow all the steps or even find some of the steps. Can anyone, in laymans terms, help me out? My 11 year old will be so grateful!

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen), Xbox 360 live

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 8:52 PM

9 replies

Feb 22, 2012 8:24 AM in response to jugglermom

Can the Xbox 360 access the network/Internet, but just not Xbox LIVE? What exactly is the Xbox 360 telling you the error is when attempting to access Xbox LIVE? That is, when you run the connectivity test via the console's administrative interface, where does it fail? (ref: Settings > System > Network Settings > Wired or Wireless Network (as appropriate) > Test Xbox LIVE connection)

Feb 22, 2012 3:12 PM in response to jugglermom

Ok, thanks for the update. Do you have the Xbox connected to the 802.11n AirPort Extreme Base Station (AEBSn) by Ethernet (wire) or by wireless? If wireless, temporarily connect it by Ethernet to verify that you can get connectivity via this method.

If you were using wireless, which of the following is the wireless adapter that you are using?

User uploaded file 802.11g or

User uploaded file 802.11n?

Feb 23, 2012 9:50 AM in response to jugglermom

That why life is an adventure ... 😝

If, per chance, the Xbox does experience disconnects while connected to the AirPort by wireless, there may be a possibility that it could be caused by Wi-Fi interference. One example of this type of interference would be portable phones that operate on the same radio band. Typically whenever these types of phones are active, they can interfere to the point where you lose network connectivity.

How do I get my xbox 360 live to connect to the AirPort Extreme?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.