Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing is on but not linking up on one of the devices

My notebook and a desktop both have iTunes installed and signed in with my Apple ID. On my desktop I see my notebook "Library" but when I click on it to access it, it just thinks for a minute and then nothing appears, and it goes back to the desktop library, but on my notebook it accesses my Desktop library just fine. How do I fix this problem? I would like to transfer everything from my notebook to my desktop, so that is the reason I would like to share libarires to import all the music and movies and videos.

Please help.

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 9:34 PM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2012 5:33 PM in response to dmcdowell

On windows computers Home Sharing problems can sometimes be traced to firewall settings. Try disabling the firewall to see if that helps. If you have security software installed you may have more than one firewall enabled so make sure you disable all of them.

For additional troubleshooting suggestions may I suggest you read the following:

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

Home Sharing is on but not linking up on one of the devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.