Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unsubscribing from a recurring newsstand subscription?

Hi,

i've recently sold off my iPad but forgot to unsubscribe from my golf digest subsciption, how do i go about terminating the subscription? thanks.

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 10:04 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2013 5:43 PM in response to jtkh

I did the same thing, I subscribed to Maximum PC on the Newsstand and they now charge my credit card on a monthly basis. It's not much, and I was thinking of leaving it so that I could keep access to all of the magazines should I ever get a new iPad, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to be going Android for my next device, so I would like to cancel my subscription on the iPad and switch over to the Android version of the Newsstand.

My problem is that I don't know how to do that now that my iPad is gone. I tried to see an option on the iTunes store but it doesnt' show anything that looks like the Newsstand. I can see the Maximum PC mag listed in Apps, but there's no option to unsubscribe. Just a button to "download" which does nothing because I don't have an iPad anymore, and iTunes doesn't let you browse your Newsstand mags on the desktop.

EDIT:
I think I found out how.

In iTunes you can see the "Store" tab just bellow the prev/play/next buttons in the latest version. In there click "View my Apple ID". Near the bottom you have "Settings" and "Number of subscriptions" to the right of that you have "Manage". You can go in there and turn off auto-renew. I was also subscribed to Wired and I'd forgotten. lol

unsubscribing from a recurring newsstand subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.