Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod photo cache folder keeps re-appearing

I have two 'iPod Photo Cache' folders on my Windows7 PC. One is in the folder I'm syncing pictures with to my iPhone. The other is located in the root folder of My Pictures and contains some 20,000+ files. When I delete this folders it re-appears eventually again.

Sometimes this folder re-appears during a sync, sometimes just when iTunes is open (and not syncing). Sometimes iTunes can be open and syncing and this folder will not re-appear but eventually it does.

I've tried stopping syncing photos to my iPhone and changing the sync folder. I've also re-installed Windows and still this folder comes back (using the same iTunes library though as I need to preserve by playlists, ratings, etc). I suspect one of the iTunes library files contains details to create this folder.

Anyone experienced this and more importantly found a way to resolve the issue? As without this folder my photos still sync correctly (using the ACTUAL 'iPod Photo Cache' folder) I don't think it's actually needed by iTunes. It's a real pain having this huge number of files hanging around.

Thanks,

James

PC, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 10:30 PM

1 reply

ipod photo cache folder keeps re-appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.