Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How change from azerty to qwerty on the login screen?

Hi,

I have a macbook, bought in the USA, but I live in Belgium.
I wanted to change my qwerty keybord to azerty (because I was used to this) but found that is was very unhandy.

So I change it back. The only problem is that it doesnt changed back on my login screen.

That stays in azerty.

It is very unhandy because all the letters aren't at their normal place and when you have to enter a password it can become very difficult to enter it right.

Can anyone tell me how I can change my keybord from azerty to qwerty on my loginscreen?
Thanks!
grz y

Mac Pro

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 4:47 PM

honingkoekje wrote:

I wanted to change my qwerty keybord to azerty (because I was used to this) but found that is was very unhandy.

System Preferences > Language & Text > Input Sources

Enable the layouts you prefer (presumably Belgian and US QWERTY, you might also find US Extended useful), and enable Show input menu in menu bar. You'll be able to switch from one keylayout to another easily. With the Keyboard Shortcuts button you'll be able to assign shortcuts to the switching function.

Can anyone tell me how I can change my keybord from azerty to qwerty on my loginscreen?

System Preferences > Accounts > Login Options > Show input menu in login window

If it works, have a Liefmans Frambozen for me.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2012 4:47 PM in response to honingkoekje

honingkoekje wrote:

System Preferences > Language & Text > Input Sources

Enable the layouts you prefer (presumably Belgian and US QWERTY, you might also find US Extended useful), and enable Show input menu in menu bar. You'll be able to switch from one keylayout to another easily. With the Keyboard Shortcuts button you'll be able to assign shortcuts to the switching function.

System Preferences > Accounts > Login Options > Show input menu in login window

If it works, have a Liefmans Frambozen for me.

How change from azerty to qwerty on the login screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.