Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch Parental Controls?

Where are the Parental Controls for something like email (Mail) on an iPod Touch?

On the Mac, they are there, but I can not seem to find them for my kids iPod Touch?

Surely Apple has a solution?

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 8:24 AM

Not really. The Touch, like the iPad is meant to be a single user device, so it's not set up with parental controls or separate accounts. The closest you can come is to investigte the restrictions under settings. You can disable some things and limit others.

4 replies

Feb 22, 2012 8:47 AM in response to Bill Lindsay

If you wish to comment to Apple with suggestions on how they could improve the parental controls, you can do so via their feedback pages:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

You can, of course, prevent the setting up of an email account if you wish via the Restrictions currently on the iPod. You can then disable Safari and get one of the other browsers that allow site filtering such as MobiCIP. But kids can still get access to lots of stuff you don't want them to see.

Regards.

Feb 22, 2012 12:07 PM in response to Bill Lindsay

If you wish to disable Mail, you should be able to use Settings -> General -> Restrictions (Give it a separate passcode and DO NOT FORGET IT) -> Accounts -> Don't Allow Changes. Then make sure there is no mail account to begin with. I think that will stop you kids from getting email.

of course unless you also disable Safari, they could use a web interface for email.

And you should disallow "Installing Apps", as they could just install another browser.

iPod Touch Parental Controls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.