Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Email doesn't update properly on my iPhone or iPad.

I have an iPhone 4S and an iPad2, both with the latest iOS software.

My email app on both devices don’t update properly. For example, if I receive 10 new emails I do see the badge showing 10. If I go into iCloud mail on my Mac and read and delete mail, my iPhone / iPad will still show the 10 emails until I open the mail app and then they will delete. This should happen automatically in the background without me having to open the app.

If I read and delete the email from the iOS device, iCloud on the web automatically updates.

Is there a setting I need to look at to fix this? Is anyone else annoyed by this?

Thanks for any info or responses.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 10:38 AM

8 replies

Feb 22, 2012 9:06 PM in response to Darrin S Altman

Check your settings on your mobile devices, they probably aren't set to automatically update changes as they should be.

Settings>Mail, Contacts, and Calendars>in the mail section, select your iCloud account> tap on the email address>advanced>tap on email address again>advanced

If everything is good there then on your mac check the settings.

Mail>preferences>accounts>icloud>mailbox behaviors; after you check Mailbox Behavios go to Advanced as well and check those settings.

If you still deal with issues after this contact iCloud support.

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/

Feb 23, 2012 9:09 AM in response to Darrin S Altman

I have the ipad2 & iPhone 4s & they aren't syncing properly at all. I recently had my email hacked so changed my Apple id to my new email address. this hasn't updated on either device despite syncing them both with my laptop. Also photostreaming doesn't work either....Really not sure what's going on. I'd be grateful for any advice too.

Thanks

Feb 25, 2012 8:49 PM in response to kirstyGeorge

Try updating the email address on the devices themseves. Is photostream on and not working?

Check to see if it's on:

general>photos>photostream

If it is on, make sure all your photos ares saved elsewhere then reset your photostream by going to icloud.com, and clicking on your name on the top right of the page and choose advanced, then reset photostream and see if that helps.

Apr 14, 2012 10:24 AM in response to Morgan Beatty

So if I understand correctly the link, when you read or delete email through the web, iCloud mail on iOS devices doesn't update until you open the mail app. Funny thing is if you read or delete email on iOS device, the web version does automatically update. You can try this by opening iCloud on your computer and reading email on your iPhone or iPad. The web mail will almost immediately update. I wish it worked the same both ways. Also, gmail accounts do automatically synch without opening the mail app.

iCloud Email doesn't update properly on my iPhone or iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.