Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inadvertent System Scroll Stuck - How to revert?

I believe I inadvertently intiated this condition while using my Magic Mouse A gestural slipup?? . I zoomed in somewhat and now the zoom setting seems stuck and nothing I have done will revert to the standard display setting with no zoom

Current conditions - Apple 20" wide display, resolution set to 1680 X 1050 (native) running Lion 10.7.3. The entire screen (menubar, everything) is zoomed maybe 15-20%. If I move the mouse pointer to any screen edge, the screen will scroll to show the portion of the screen not visible due to the zoom. Of course, the fonts and graphics seem pretty distorted due to the zoom not being a perfect scale of the resolution setting.

With my trackpad (yeah, I have one of those too) I can use the two finger zoom gesture to zoom in and out. When I reach the minimum zoom (where you extend beyond the "bounce" and it returns you to what should be the standard zoom, my display continues to be in this perpetual 15%-20% zoomed in state.

I have tried multiple restarts, (with and without restoring windows), safe boots, turning off zoom capabilities in the input devices and restarting, trying all kinds of resolution resets. Nothing has worked thus far

This seems to be a system software issue. I suppose eventually I may have to reinstall Lion and hope for a resolution, but I was wondering if any OS X wizards out there might have some ideas as to things a could try

Thanks

Dave

Time Capsule-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 12:47 PM

4 replies

Feb 22, 2012 2:16 PM in response to captfred

This is not my day. I tried using the trackpad 2-finger pinch to zoom while holding down the control key. I zoomed both in and out but the screen never reverted to a standard no zoom position. In fact I ended up making the issue worse. At one point in my trackpad-control key-zoom attempts the screen stuck in a higher zoom level than before. I would say it is somewhere over 50% zoomed (150% of normal) and no luck reverting to it's normal state. Any other ideas appreciated. It is pretty near impractical for regular use at the current zoom

Thanks

Dave

Inadvertent System Scroll Stuck - How to revert?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.