Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HTTPS through a proxy

Is there a way on an iPhone 4S to set up the username and password for HTTPS through a proxy server like there is for HTTP?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 3:55 PM

Unfortunatly no, i have looked long and hard for this as it is very annoying and fustrating as any secure site asks for the credentials it also doesnt remeber them it also doesnt use the details for HTTP for HTTPS as defult this is something that needs fixing fast, also another thing they need is exceptions as with the proxy server on i cannot access internal resorces for example out ticketing system, i have found a tweak for jailbroken iphones that seems to remember the credentials (you need to enter them once every time you connect to the WiFi) but only works on jailbroken iphone

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2012 3:55 PM in response to mobilemax

Unfortunatly no, i have looked long and hard for this as it is very annoying and fustrating as any secure site asks for the credentials it also doesnt remeber them it also doesnt use the details for HTTP for HTTPS as defult this is something that needs fixing fast, also another thing they need is exceptions as with the proxy server on i cannot access internal resorces for example out ticketing system, i have found a tweak for jailbroken iphones that seems to remember the credentials (you need to enter them once every time you connect to the WiFi) but only works on jailbroken iphone

HTTPS through a proxy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.