Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting System keys with Terminal

I really need some help on this issue. My university is making the move of getting all Windows 7 and Mac OS X devices on an Active Directory environment. The problem we are having though is that our machines after being successfully binded to the domain, wont let users login. We finally found a fix for the issue here: http://www.macwindows.com/snowleopardAD.html#082911b but the problem I face is that we have just about 200+ macs on campus, and going to every single machine to interact with the Keychain Access GUI is just inneficient. I know that using security delete-certificate I can delete the com.apple.kerberos.kdc cert, but the private and public keys remain. Is there anyway of removing these keys through Terminal? If so it would be great for I would like to just make a quick piece of shell script to do the job, that can be pushed over the network.

Any alternatives to this problem that may be easier or work better for me are also appreciated.

Mac OS X (10.6.8), Enterprise

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 2:03 PM

1 reply

Deleting System keys with Terminal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.