Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send email from Iphoto.

Hi,

How to set up the email parameters using Iphoto? If I am not a mobileme member, can I use my personal email, or I need to use the Icloud email account?

Seems that the smtp does not work in either way...

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 2:24 PM

16 replies

Feb 22, 2012 2:58 PM in response to marie-caro

What is "what you have done"?

1 -- I will assume '11, If you want to use iPhoto as the e-mail client then set up your account(s) in the iPhoto preferences => accounts - SMTP accounts do work

Or

2 -- Or better yet (IMHO) in the general section set mail as your e-mail client and use Apple Mail for e-mail

So did you "already do" 1 or 2 or both?

And what is the EXACT error message in each of these two different cases

We can not see your computer and know nothing except what you tell us so to get help you need to be clear and provide enouigh information

LN

Feb 23, 2012 9:04 AM in response to marie-caro

I have explained it all.

I / he is using iphoto 11.

He just bught his MacBook Pro.

I/We have tried both ways.

1- Going to Iphoto Preferences/Accounts/and Advances/ setting my email as my email client.

2-We have also tried his apple email.

3-Messages errors occurs:

two different messages errors

"server has not recognized either user ID nor password"

Email works perfectly fine in the Mail Application but does not work into IPhoto when trying to send an email.

Hope this message was clear.

If you had read the other posts, obviously other people have the exact same prob with no answer, and have not written huge explanations on their problem.

I have done my best to be clear enough.

Feb 23, 2012 9:22 AM in response to marie-caro

marie-caro wrote:

I have explained it all.

I / he is using iphoto 11.

He just bught his MacBook Pro.

I/We have tried both ways.

1- Going to Iphoto Preferences/Accounts/and Advances/ setting my email as my email client.

2-We have also tried his apple email.

3-Messages errors occurs:

two different messages errors

"server has not recognized either user ID nor password"

Email works perfectly fine in the Mail Application but does not work into IPhoto when trying to send an email.

Hope this message was clear.

If you had read the other posts, obviously other people have the exact same prob with no answer, and have not written huge explanations on their problem.

I have done my best to be clear enough.

That is not possible - if Mail works then using Mail from iPhoto must work since iPhoto sends te photos to Mail and Mail does the sending - and the solution for the thrid time is to use Mail as your e-mail client - and again you set it in the iPhoto preferences ==> send mail using

LN

Feb 23, 2012 6:52 PM in response to LarryHN

I'm having the same (or I think it's the same problem based on what I can understand!)

My Mail app works - sending mail from my @me.com account. But when I set up this account in the iPhoto app, via Preferences - Accounts and add an iCloud account it says that 'the server doesn't recognise the username/password combination'.

It is frustrating the pants off me! 😀

Any help appreciated.

T

Feb 23, 2012 11:35 PM in response to marie-caro

Seems like my explanations are not that easy to understand.

So I have the same problem as TMT.

My mail application works.

The problem is in Iphoto application. Iphoto can not send email. Same message error as TMT. Message error: server does not recognize username/password.

I have deleted and recreateed the same way - same problem occurs.

Seems like we are only two having this problem.

(as Iphoto should work if mail application works). Someone said that earlier.....

Any other help from somebody else?

Thanks!

Oct 26, 2013 12:46 PM in response to marie-caro

I had this same problem - iCloud emails (I have several different email addresses) all working fine in Mail and none working from iPhoto, same error messages described above. It has driven me crazy for months, I think since my last OS upgrade to 10.7.5.

I finally fixed it yesterday, by fixing the outgoing SMTP server name in iPhoto; apparently Apple has changed the server name since I first set up my iCloud email address in iPhoto.

The reason Mail kept working is because Mail allows you to choose "iCloud" as your outgoing SMTP server for your iCloud email addresses; that way if Apple changes the server name it must update automatically.

The current iCloud server info is at:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4864?viewlocale=de_de

This gives you the server name, port to use, etc. You only need to enter the outgoing server info in my versions of Mail and iPhoto.

When I checked yesterday, I discovered I had an old server name saved in iPhoto and it was the actual server name, not "iCloud". Once I changed it to the new server name, closed iPhoto and reopened, I could send email with no problem. I didn't restart my computer, just closed iPhoto and reopened.

For new Mac users, find Preferences the same way in all Mac programs: when the program is open and it's name is in the upper left to the right of the apple) you click the program name and drop down to choose Preferences.

To fix email account info, in both Mail and iPhoto, you then choose the Accounts tab within Preferences. Either edit the info for your iCloud account or enter it if you haven't yet done that. You can enter other email accounts there too but iCloud accounts seem to work better to send from.

To find the version of your OS, click the apple (top left of screen) and choose "About".

Hope this helps.

Send email from Iphoto.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.